A brand new Genuine Stromberg 97 with factory patina! The more you handle them, the more patina they pick up. Available only from Stromberg Carburetor.
Here are the highlights:
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for a blue-print parts fit. So no oversize screw threads. No mystery parts from previous rebuilds. No problems.
- An early style cast iron base with stock size – not second-best oversize – throttle shaft. Parkerized as per original factory spec. Lightly rusted on the outside, then rattle can painted with a careful mist of satin black.
- Main castings and stainless steel parts lightly media blasted. External brass parts heat aged.
- Every Barn Find model even comes with a ‘Reconditioned with Stromberg Genuine Parts’ rosette decal to complete the look.
- Operational efficiency remains key so some parts, like the choke plate, accelerator pump rod and springs, are left untouched. It all adds to the old, but reconditioned look.
- A reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting – 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- A new brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- Our specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks!
- Stainless steel linkage throughout. Our springs are stainless. So is the accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
- Stromberg 97 Barn Find is also available with cable choke or LZ push linkage – to special order. Ask your dealer.
As you may know, Speedway Motors has made an attempt to build a cheap 97 carb to compete with the Genuine Stromberg 97 we have carried for nearly three years. In this time in our economy, it is even more important to get the best value for your dollar. Value does not always mean less expensive. You still get what you pay for! Remember, our company was built on carrying quality parts while providing extraordinary customer service… We only carry Genuine Stromberg Carbs and Parts!