Yes, they’re back, even though they never really went away. And they’re just the same, But better than ever. The Genuine Stromberg 97. A brand new carburetor with Stromberg on one side. And a big 97 on the other. Available only from Stromberg Carburetor. And now in a hand-polished, real triple-chrome plated finish!
Here are the highlights:
- Threads and fuel passages retapped and cleaned before assembly. Chromed brass plugs, screws and S-jet, and polished stainless steel linkage and springs.
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for a blue-print parts fit. So no oversize screw threads. No mystery parts from previous rebuilds. No problems.
- An early style cast iron base with stock size – not second-best oversize – throttle shaft. Parkerized and black lacquered just like they used to be.
- A reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting – 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- A new brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- A specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks.
- Stainless steel linkage throughout. Who needs rust? Not us. Our springs are stainless. So is the accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
- Chrome 97 with cable choke or LZ linkage available to special order.
Remember, like any carburetor, the Genuine Stromberg 97 needs proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every 97 comes with full installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in our Tech Center.
Please note. Stromberg chrome 97s are hand-polished and triple-chrome plated. And as you can see, we work hard to achieve a premium, show-quality finish – probably a lot better than they were back in the day – at an affordable price. But please remember that hand-polishing and real chrome is not a perfect science. We believe this gives each piece an authentic, hand-crafted character of its own, and we hope you do too.
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us, as we can probably find you good used parts.
As you may know, Speedway Motors has made an attempt to build a cheap 97 carb to compete with the Genuine Stromberg 97 we have carried for nearly three years. In this time in our economy, it is even more important to get the best value for your dollar. Value does not always mean less expensive. You still get what you pay for! Remember, our company was built on carrying quality parts while providing extraordinary customer service… We only carry Genuine Stromberg Carbs and Parts!