A Premium 2×2 Super carburetor linkage with rod ends for positive action and easy alignment. Use with intake manifolds that put the carburetors 9-5/8th inches apart, as with some early Ford 4-banger 2×2 intakes. See above for typical manifold applications. Please note: Photo shows 9242P kit. This kit is the same, but puts the carburetors a little closer together.
Designed and manufactured exclusively by Stromberg Carburetor, this linkage combines clean, traditional looks with maximum leverage. TwoStep linkage kits come pre-assembled and install in just two simple steps, without the need for extended throttle shafts. These kits are not a ‘one size fits all’ solution. Different intakes use different carb spacing, so we model every kit in 3D CAD and offer different kits for specific intakes. If you’re in doubt, simply measure your manifold spacing – throttle shaft to throttle shaft.
Check out the following features:
- Premium kits have opposite threaded rod ends for easy adjustment. Just spin the rod to adjust for the correct lever angles.
- Extended throttle shafts are not required.
- Long die-cast zinc SuperLink lever arms. All other parts stainless steel.
- New Stromberg ‘Snapback’ throttle return springs, which wrap around the end of the throttle shaft. These chemically blacked, stainless steel torsion springs snap the carburetors shut, yet virtually disappear from view.
- Special swivels and bolts were developed to clamp the rod ends tight. The rounded bolts have a small blind hole in the head. Simply insert a small rod eg, a hex key, to stop the swivels turning while you tighten the lock nuts.
Every Stromberg TwoStep linkage kit comes with full instructions, and further help with selection, installation and tuning is available at our Tech Center.