Stromberg BIG97 Carb Barn Find Finish, available only from Stromberg. A brand new genuine Stromberg 97 with 250cfm max airflow, significantly improved fuel circuits and ported vacuum for your modern aftermarket distributor. The BIG97 Primary can be used on its own, in multiples (with direct or progressive linkage) or as part of the BIG97 Tri-Power.
Everything that makes the Genuine Stromberg BIG97 Carb Barn Find Finish so popular is built into the all-new BIG97. These are the just highlights of what make the BIG97 so different. Click here for the full details :
- 55% more airflow – a 1.175in venturi with improve venturi shapes. The result? 250cfm per carburetor.
- New power valve circuits provide improved fuel conditioning for more top end HP on less fuel.
- New ‘early plenum effect’ boosts top end power by allowing all cylinders to draw from both barrels. Dual-plane drivability with single-plane top end horsepower.
- Ported distributor vacuum for improved combustion efficiency in cruising mode. You’ll run smoother and cooler, with more torque and better fuel mileage.
- BIG S-jet twin-ball inlet valve accepts big diameter 5/16in hard line (regular 97s take only 1/4in line) as well as regular Stromberg fuel fittings.
- BIG97s come ready to run with the following jetting: Main jets 0.056in, Power valve #65, Accelerator pump valve #60. As with any carburetor, rejetting may be required for other applications, high altitude, local gas, ethanol content and more. A wide range of jets and power valves is available.
- BIG97s are available in the full range of Stromberg finishes: Original Equipment style, Black & Chrome and Barn Find – all from stock.
- Cable choke and LZ-style ‘push-throttle’ options are also available to special order. Click the far right tab (above) for further information. To order, please ask your Stromberg dealer.
Remember, like any carburetor, BIG97s need proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every BIG97 comes with full installation instructions and you can find more help on our Tech Center.
NOTE: These carburetors are not designed to meet any emission requirements for 1968 and later applications. They should be used only for competition/off road vehicles or vehicles not required to comply with late model exhaust emission standards. Original 97 style hand throttle parts are not included.