This 6×2 Direct linkage kit fits the Offenhauser Pacesetter 3924 6×2 intake and comes as a complete linkage from Back-bar to carburetors, including return springs.
Designed and manufactured exclusively by Stromberg Carburetor, our 6×2 linkage kits change the game for quality, efficiency and looks. You’ll find comprehensive information on choosing and installing the right kits for your multi-carb intake at the Stromberg online Tech Center. Each kit comes pre-assembled and installs in simple steps, without the need for extended throttle shafts. Every Stromberg TwoStep linkage kit comes with full instructions, of course.
This Back-bar Kit is supplied ‘ready-to-fit’ the Edelbrock X1 ram 6×2 intake. Pictures showing the Offenhauser intake are for reference only.
Carb spacing on each bank : 4-7/8 inches
Distance between the two banks: 9-1/8 inches
Offset – how far one bank is in front of the other: zero.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Carburetors and manifold not included. This kit comprises the following:
- Two stainless steel Back-bar brackets with rolled ends, Oilite self-lubricating bushes and two small washers to take up any height difference in the base castings.
- Stainless steel Back-bar shaft with two stainless steel end stops to prevent lateral movement.
- Two long levers, with swivels and clamping screws. Both levers are pinned to the shaft.
- Two stainless steel links between the Back-bar levers and the center carburetors, with swivels and rod ends.
- Six 9091K Superlink throttle levers with swivels – inc two special swivels to mount the rod ends – plus two long link rods.
- Four Stromberg ‘Snapback’ throttle return springs
Designed for maximum versatility in operation, our 6×2 kits can be configured in a number of different ways. The long back-bar levers have three top mounting points for flexible throttle response and leverage. And direct systems can be configured to run the engine using just two, four or all six carburetors. For more information, check out our 6×2 Tuning Tips at the Stromberg Tech Center.
Stromberg recommends a mechanical pedal link for all multi-carb systems. Your 6×2 Back-bar can be connected to the pedal via one of the two long levers supplied, or you can add a further long lever with Stromberg kit 9096K (Long linkage arm/swivel) which can be positioned anywhere along the Back-bar shaft to align with your throttle pedal ‘pull’ point. Complete with swivel, clamping screw and 3/32 inch roll pin, the extra lever can also be drilled and pinned to the Back-bar to ensure positive location.
Please note: This kit will not fit Holley or Edelbrock 94 carburetors as the idle mix screws are on the back where the brackets fit on the 97.