The perfect partner for your early Ford 4-banger or V8-60 engine. A brand new, re-imagined Stromberg 81, available only from Stromberg Speed Parts.
Here are the highlights:
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for a blue-print parts fit.
- New base casting with correct 1.0625” throttle plates. Parkerized and black lacquered just like they used to be.
- Two slip-in aluminum inserts replicate the original 0.81” venturi – correct booster signal with minimum turbulence.
- O-ring sealed sleeve pressed into the accelerator pump well, for the correct 81 pump
- Reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Tested and jetted correctly for this new model – 0.036” main jets and a No 71 power valve.
- 116cfm airflow capacity (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- New brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- Our specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- New, correct-size 81 base gasket.
- Stainless steel linkage throughout. Stainless springs, accelerator pump rod, throttle linkage, choke plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Correct pale chromate zinc treatment using the original Ford Service Bulletin process.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests. And great feedback!.
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us. We can probably find you good used parts.
Remember, like any carburetor, the new Stromberg 81 needs proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every 81 comes with full installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in our Tech Center.