Stromberg BIG97 Carb OE Finish – 9510A-BIG-P-BF
BIG97 Carbs are available at last, but only from Stromberg. Perfect on their own or in a Tri-Power applications with 250cfm max airflow, improved fuel circuits and ported vacuum for aftermarket distributors.
The Features that make the BIG97 so different
Click here for the full details :
- 55% more airflow – a 1.175in venturi with improve venturi shapes. The result? 250cfm per carburetor.
- New power valve circuits provide improved fuel conditioning for even more top end HP on less fuel.
- New ‘early plenum effect’ boosts top end power by allowing all cylinders to draw from both barrels. Therefore producing dual-plane drivability with single-plane top end horsepower.
- Ported distributor vacuum for improved combustion efficiency in cruising mode. Overall, you’ll run smoother and cooler, with significantly more torque and better fuel mileage.
- BIG97 S-jet twin-ball inlet valve accepts big diameter 5/16in hard line (regular 97s take only 1/4in line) and any regular Stromberg fuel fittings.
- BIG97s come ready to run with main jets 0.056in, power valve #65 and a accelerator pump valve #60. Your application high altitude, local gas, ethanol content, etc. may still require rejetting. Of course, a wide range of jets and power valves are available.
- BIG97s are available in the full range of Stromberg finishes: Original Equipment style, Black & Chrome and Barn Find – all from stock.
- Available options for BIG97s are cable choke and LZ-style ‘push-throttle’. To order, please ask your Stromberg dealer.
Most important, like any carburetor, BIG97s need proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every BIG97 comes with full installation instructions and you can find more help on our Tech Center.
NOTE: Stromberg carburetors do not to meet any emission requirements. Lastly, Stromberg carbs should not be used in 1968 and later vehicles. They should only be used in competition/off road vehicles or vehicles not required to comply with exhaust emission standards.
Original 97 style hand throttle parts are not included.